Chug-Chug, Putt-Putt.

Spring 2008: Things were quiet over the Christmas period. I’d lost my job and money was a bit tight. Sam and I were still eager to get the eggmotor running. One cool, foggy day at Pontefract Park Sam and I set up the eggmotor on a test stand that Sam had fabricated at work. This was it!!!!! Would we get loads of thrust?????

Although there was a lot of ‘push’ it didn’t quite seem like enough. I decided to purchase a digital rev counter as I had the data sheet for the prop from Helix. This would allow us to see what thrust we was managing. Our next outing at the Park we were equipped with the rev counter. Lets see what thrust we did get.

Max RPM.

Max RPM.

As the picture above shows, maximum engine speed was 7200rpm. This was slightly disappointing as it showed that according to the data sheet we had an engine that only gave us 2.4hp instead of 3-4hp and that the thrust produced was little more than 20kg.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: