17.11.08: Here is a couple of pictures of the Egg2 (codename ‘BlueFox’) after Sam and I had completed the remaining top cage arm. I have also fitted an ‘aerosol can’ muffler, it maybe too restrictive but we’ll have to see. I need to pluck up courage to try in on my back. I’ve had it on today but without the engine running. We still need to fabricate a thrust measuring rig too.
Archive for November, 2008
8.11.08: I’ve now fitted the correct prop and fabricated most of the cage. When I’ve tested the engine I was only getting 3000rpm max until Sam and I drilled the carb jet out to size 100# (1.0mm) this morning. We didn’t give it full throttle because of the noise issue (we live in a residential court) but we did get 3800rpm at half throttle. Result!!!! I’m hoping for 5000rpm once the engine has been run-in and fresh racing oil added and then I’ll try for full throttle. If I can get 5000rpm then maybe 40kg thrust is possible.