Sam’s First Powered Flight

21.09.09: Sam successfully flew his Eggmotor on Saturday afternoon. This was our third day of attempting to get him airborne. We had tried the day previously and the Friday before that but the wind was always just a bit too strong. We did have a minor mishap prior to the flight whereby a line ‘glanced’ the prop tip and split it slightly. Fortunately our two new flying buddies (John & Mick) reckoned the damage was minimal and recommended a quick fix with super glue and some PVC tape to hold the wood ‘tight’ during curing.  We checked the wing’s lines too and there were no signs of damage. The prop tip looked ‘solid’ again within 20 minutes and so Sam had another go. The video below is the end result of everyones passion and commitment. Well Done Sam!!! The first of many more flights, lets get some hours in now ;o)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: